Friends! Thanks to all for the sweet birthday wishes, you are some nice people. I'm already feeling older and wiser and maybe just a scoonch wrinklier, too. In the spirit of making the most of my fleeting 20's, I've decided to become a lifestyle blogging cliche and create a 30 Before 30 List - 30 things to try or accomplish before I hit the big, you guessed it 3-0. Corny, indeed, but I do love a good list and am always up for a challenge or thirty. Plus: think of all the writing material!
Also, I know what you're thinking: Liz, why don't you focus on your day-to-day lists and do things like clean your house or mail that wedding gift to your cousin who got married back in July or I don't know your job, and I hear you loud and clear on that one, and I'll definitely consider getting to those things eventually, but eh: boring. I need to reach for the stars, here before my AARP membership kicks in. (KIDDING).
I looked to a lot of other blogs for 30 Before 30 inspiration and stole a few good ones, but tried to focus on things that are actually possibly possible in the next 360 days (already losing time! OH GOD!) Much as I'd like to ride nude on the back of a great white shark off the coast of Bali, I just don't know that it is quite doable on my dwindling time frame.
Some are silly, like getting a bikini wax (why is this even a thing that people do?), some are more intangible like solving my stomach issues and some miiiight be impossible, see "run half marathon" and "pay off credit card debt." But ALL of them are happening. They are! Before September 14, 2014 the list below will be donezo and the whole world will know my name! Or I'll still be entirely unfamous but with less debt and a smoother bikini line. Nowhere to go but up, friends!
Now quickly for the wild card: Number 30. I was realllly stretching for material as we got into the high 20's here and decided it might be fun to take a little audience poll. What do YOU think I should do in this next year? I'm taking suggestions for something that is legal, not weird or perverted, not expensive (unless you're paying, in which case, I'm all ears) and maybe a bit ridiculous to add to my list. Let's hear your suggestions - the best one wins!!
And we're off. I'll do my best to document what is sure to be a THRILLING year, I sure hope you'll follow along.
30 Before 30
1. Run half marathon
2. Pay off one credit card...put a dent in the other. (yes I have 2 credit cards. Proud American.)
3. Get a bikini wax
4. Take photoshop or other online design course
5. Submit something for publication
6. Visit each of the 5 boroughs of NYC (I'm coming for you, Staten Island!)
7. Do a pull-up (yes, just one. Aim high.)
8. Find a regular volunteer program
9. See a play on Broadway
10. Watch The Sopranos
11. Learn to shuffle cards
12. Stop biting my nails
13. Take a trip with my mom
14. Read outside of my comfort zone (looking for suggestions, literary pals!)
15. Visit Storm King
16. Get Acupuncture
17. Roast a chicken
18. Grow a vegetable to a point where it is edible i.e. don’t kill it
20. Host a classy, adult dinner party
21. Add at least one more state to my list
22. Solve my stomach issues
23. Trapeze class
24. Reconnect with an old friend (I already have one picked out! Lucky person!)
25. Decorate our apartment
26. See the cherry blossoms in DC
27. Take out my navel ring (GREAT ONE, Liz!)
28. Make an IRL blogger connection
29. Hike 5 new peaks
30. Blog Challenge!
Boom. Let's do this thing. Thanks for following along and now if you'll quickly excuse me, I have a LOT to accomplish. First stop: Trapezing! Or maybe I should just get back to work.
xoxo Liz Ho