After reflecting on my reading habits (so many thrillers, so little time) and the current affairs of the world (ahem), I decided to challenge myself to reading one work of nonfiction with a social justice theme for each month of 2017. Below is an ongoing list, including planned titles and eventually links to monthly reviews.
I'd love to hear any recommendations or suggestions you have, or for you to join me in this challenge! Comment here or email me anytime: email@example.com and we'll book club it up.
JANUARY 2017 NONFICTION READING CHALLENGE
- Title: THE WARMTH OF OTHER SUNS: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson
- Title: NOTHING because I'm a hot mess this month. MY B.
- Review coming never, plz see above.
- Title: THE NEW JIM CROW: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander
- Review: we'll see if I get my act together on this one...
-DECEMBER...Still to come!